How We Can Help You
The identity of the applicant is only known by the Secretary and Area Representative and confidentiality is assured. When applications are discussed with the Committee applicant details are anonymised and reference numbers are used to protect the identity of the applicant.
Here are some examples of help that we have provided:
- Provide essentials to a member of staff made homeless due to violence
- Essential property repairs for a member of staff diagnosed with a terminal illness
- Colleague on sick leave supported with travel costs to visit specialist in London
- Converted bathroom for gentleman who had taken ill-health retirement
- Family holiday for member of staff prior to child having life saving surgery
- Purchased specialist bed for lady who had taken ill-health retirement
- Bought replacement washing machines and televisions for pensioners
- Purchased a wheelchair for a former member of staff
- Help buy a motorised scooter to provide greater independence
- Assisted the building of a wet-room with seat for a gentleman with MS
- Helped a lady replace her spectacles after falling
If you know of staff, ex-staff or pensioners you think we can help please do get in touch.
We regret we are unable to accommodate requests for:
- Payment of care home fees
- Bank and credit card debts
- Cost of funerals
If having read our eligibility criteria you believe we can help merely provide your contact details and we will be in touch. As the Fund is operated by volunteers you will usually be contacted within 48 hours. If you know someone who may be able to benefit from the Fund please contact our Secretary. All requests for assistance are treated as confidential to the Benevolent Fund and given impartial consideration.